For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Paranoid Resident, I know this is crazy

What if someone came into my call room when I was not in there and put infected CSF in my contact lens case that had contacts in them. And then a couple of days later, I put the contacts in my eyes. Could I get infected this way? Has anyone ever gotten HIV from sabotage?

Crazy Resident

Hello Crazy Resident,

You're worried someone would sneak into your on-call room and put HIV-infected CSF into your contact lens case and then you might contract HIV by putting your contacts in several days later????? Oh my . . . . Just how much paranoid powder are you putting in your protein shakes every day??? Dude, you signed your post "crazy resident" and I agree you are totally wacked. If this is a real fear and not some transient paranoid delusion induced by sleep deprivation from being on call, I suggest you consider getting some counseling. These types of irrational fears often get worse without intervention and can seriously impact your future career. Crazy resident is bad enough, but crazy doctor is even worse!

Unwanted encounter
Can AIDS turn back to Just HIV