biyfriend is hiv+ and i am negative

Hello Dr. Bob, i have been in a monogomous relationship with the same man for two years and have come to find out he is hiv+. We have had unprotected sex for two years 3-4 times a week, how is iy possible that i am hiv negative...I'm scared and nervous.. i went to the health department the day after i found out and did a raoid test which they tell me is neative

The reason it's possible for you to remain HIV negative despite multiple exposures to your HIV-positive boyfriend is that not every HIV exposure leads to viral transmission (thankfully!). In fact most don't! For instance the CDC estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from receptive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 10 per 10,000 exposures. You'll need HIV tests at the three- and six-month marks to confirm your negative status. Check the archives and you'll find many others who have stories similar to yours!

Good luck to both you and your boyfriend!

Mysterious Question and thought of you immediately! (CONDOM EFFICACY 2009)
Should I get re-tested?