Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr Bob...pls reply
Apr 21, 2009

Hello Dr, You've been so very kind to all, please you seems to be my last hope amongst all hopelessness.

CDC mentions fingering as risk, I got bruises from hitting on ice bag as punch.

My bruises were in morning around 9:30 AM, I did not bleed alot but as bruises i did see blood in them. By evening around 5pm i used my finger with bruises and fingered a CSW.

Surprisingly there was alot and lot of fluid. I fingered her for around 2-3 minutes.

1)What are my chances of survival w/o getting hiv. 2)Is it true that hiv can attack the white blood cells that might be in and around my bruises?

I know you don't mandate donation but I will donate to your humble cause, I am just not sure if my question is getting read..

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

I'm your "last hope amongst all hopelessness"??? Isn't that being the tiniest bit overdramatic???

Bruises are black-and-blue marks that don't break the skin. As such the skin remains "intact." HIV cannot permeate intact skin, even bruised intact skin, OK?

1. I'd say your chances are excellent.

2. No, not if the skin is unbroken.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

If my reassurance isn't enough for you to shake your worries, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative and should put any residual HIV worries permanently to rest, OK?

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
reply to ur answer
Next
Mysterious Question and thought of you immediately! (CONDOM EFFICACY 2009)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.