Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

reply to ur answer
Apr 21, 2009

thank you for your response doc. are you really ur own patient. I am 30yr male and yes I should man-up like you said. by the way my white cells are 8.0 and my red is 139. been 3 years since possible infection. I saw the doctor yesterday and am hoping for the best, included I am getting a Fine Needle Asperation Ultrasound in the following week, possibly to check for lymphoma. and I will let u know all the results if I'm still in my right mind. what worries me from my previous haemaglobin levels is, shouldnt my white cell count increase because of the enlarged lymph nodes and not be in the normal(mine-8.0)range of between 4.3-10. Also watever the results wen you visit Australia I'd like to be able to speak to a professional who can understand and not just someone who has studied about it. I dont mean to invade privacy but if possible please let me know when you are down-under so I can attend a function and maybe help in some way(Karma). Thanyou. and please some more advice to keep me sane until my results get back. I know nothing is for sure until my results come back but please, some hope.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Enlarged lymph nodes would not increase your white blood cell count per se. White blood cells are manufactured primarily in the bone marrow, not in the lymph nodes.

I'm delighted to hear you are getting evaluated. Whatever the results I'm confident you'll face it with the same determination and fortitude you used to face down your heroin addiction. I'm here if you need me, OK?

Good luck mate. I'm keeping fingers, toes (and eyes?) crossed that all will turn out well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
3 people infected with HIV after colonoscopy?
Next
Dr Bob...pls reply

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.