|HIV transmision: Skin and Oral sex (I will donate 40$)
Apr 21, 2009
Hello. I asked a question 30 mins ago. But I made a mistake. In one sentence. I forgot to put a word "no" before "...visible cuts or sores". (I type very fast on keyboard and it happends all the time). So, I will repeat my questions once again. This time correctly.
I think I've been exposed to HIV virus in two ways. First. Couple days ago I had sex with a girl. I don't know is she infected by HIV virus. During the sex I have used a condom, the condom didn't break. But, after sex I noticed small amount of blood on the condome. And when I take off condom from penis i excidently touched blood with my finger. The skin on that finger is complitely healty. NO CUTS OR SORES, just healty skin. I have imedianlty washed my hands and penis with some desinfection agent which is used in stomatology. IS IT POSSIBLE TO BECOME INFECTED IN THIS WAY?
Second. At the same night I had oral sex with the same girl without the condom. I was receiving oral sex. I must mention that there is NO EYE VISIBLE CUTS OR SORES in her mouth and tongue. And of course NO BLOOD. IS IT POSSIBLE TO BECOME INFECTED IN THIS WAY?
I agreed with that girl to perform HIV test. I know if results becomes negative, there is possability that she is in "window period". IF THIS IS THE CASE, IS IT POSSIBLE TO BECOME INFECTED IN ANY OF PREVIOUS MENTIONED WAYS? Am I at risk if it turns out that she is HIV positive? Please help me. I am very affraid that I become infected with HIV.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. HIV cannot permeate intact skin.
2. Insertive unprotected oral sex carries only a very slight risk of HIV acquisition.
3. If she were HIV infected (either in her window period or already HIV+), again there would be a very slight risk of HIV transmission from unprotected insertive oral sex. If you're worried, get an HIV test at the three-month mark. The odds are all in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this experience.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Testicular Pain A Symptom Of HIV?
- Burning Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.