scared and confused

Hi Dr. Bob- I wrote you another time about having my fear of having hiv concerned I was really misdiagnosed as having lymes disease...You had told me not to worry because i had taken two rapid tests, one oraquick with oral fluid and another with a blood sample...recently I was diagnosed with basal cell carinoma (my first trip to a dermatolgist in my early thirties)..I had several spots of this..but I am fair skinned and loved the beach...I looked this up on the internet and it seemed that many people with hiv have multiple bcc's...and at an early age.. I went to get another rapid test in December and it too was negative. That is three rapid tests, all negative. no recent exposure within 5 years...Do I need to request further testing to see if all of these basal cell diagnosis are really related to HIV? It's my birthday day and all I do is worry. Sincerely, Mrs. W

Hello W.,

Welcome back to the forum. Once again your worries are unwarranted. The vast, vast majority of basal cell carcinomas have absolutely nothing to do with HIV. No further HIV testing is warranted.

OCD, HIV, and Donation
HIV transmision: Skin and Oral sex (I will donate 40$)