Low carb diet yield false positive Elisa?

Hello Doctor. I was recently tested for hiv via Orasure in my neighborhood health clinic. I was called into the office last Thursday for the results and was shocked when I was told my elisa test was repeatedly reactive but the western blot was non-reactive. I have read several of your responses to this exact question and I felt a bit better after reading. The question that I have is, "Would an extremely low carb diet(Atkins)yield a false positive elisa result?" I researched known causes for a false poz elisa and the first thing mentioned was-Anti-carbohydrate antibodies. I will not lie when I tell you that when attempting to research this phrase, I was totally lost in translation!The blood that was sent out for my confirmory results won't be in for another week and I was just wondering if you have ever heard of such a case before. Thank you so much for your time-I certainly appreciate it!.....r

Low-carb diets would not affect HIV test results. Anti-carbohydrate antibodies have absolutely nothing to do with the Atkin's diet (as you probably surmised when you became immersed in the complex medical babble about these circulating proteins).

I'm confident your confirmatory tests will confirm your negative status and you will soon be WOO-HOOing!

100 Million Dollars (Zimbabwian) Donation
Pro-Active from Alabama Gal