I DARE YOU TO POST THIS

This is basically it Dr. Bob. dont be scared of this now. After countless hours and massive research for a very long time (enough to be an understudy);I with others have come to the conclusion THAT if you are are in a developed country as a well fed, average healthy male (especially white)100% heterosexual male, circumsized, with no stds, no obvious cuts or sore like scabs on the penis,no drug use, no prostitution or swinger lifestyle (eg: 100 partners or up),No third world blood trans; no fetish blood things, you dont have menstrural sex and you have a average size to small penis,your chances of insertive vaginal intercourse and recieving oral or giving female oral practically doesnt exist, if even possible. And in the runner up is-TOP (insertive only) gay males. there are study groups done claiming this in 1st world countrys and talked about and agreed on in a hush-hush manner in places such as the CDC, researchers,clinics, experienced techs and medical staff dealing with hiv. The few studys where there were positive hetero males, they were practicaly deemed inconclusive to do lieing and other lifestyles on a downlow later discovered. Vaginal fluid is not hardly near as toxic as seman or blood. As with africa that is a whole other battleground where a questionably more easier form of hiv exsists, anal is a common birth control, prostitution is high, malnutrion. STDS are common and woman are famous to be loose, and being gay is a sercret lifestyle. (I know alot of lower africa firsthand.) Belive it or not fitting ALL these requirments for oneself AND the female partner (minus the penis parts) is not easy for some, theres alot listed I am in no way taking this disease lightly and this is in all VERy much serious-but, the facts are there after all these years. But some people due to lack of thinking and common sense need to be drilled with "universal precautions." also the only "odds" listed from catching hiv are from study groups, and look at the outrageous odds. Does not make the greatest sense. Even try googling "stories hetero sexual males catching hiv from vaginal", cant even find one story. Be it as it may you might have underlying reasons or you have become to formatted from drug inc. to post this, but respectivally of all the people we have researched you are one of the most liberal, realist, straight foward doctors when answering questions, you should here some of the sorry answers given by other MDS including ones on this site--as if being sneezed was a possible way to catch HIV. Your energy and compassion for others is great. Good Luck and good hunting. If all goes well with the new hiv virus destoyer"aka archilles heel" in research, you can shut this site down.

I never understand why questioners feel it's necessary to "DARE" me to post something?!?!?!? Dude, I'm here to share sound medical knowledge from my over-a-quarter century as an HIV specialist physician and as a person living with HIV. I'm certainly not hiding anything, frevinsakes! What would be the point???

Unfortunately your "countless hours and massive research for a very long time" have led you to an erroneous conclusion that doesn't even pass the common sense test let alone survive the rigors of scientific analysis! There is no question that in many (not all) developed countries the incidence and prevalence of HIV are much higher in gay men than in heterosexuals. (This can be partially explained by "biology" and societal patterns, etc.) It is also well established that it is much easier to acquire HIV if one is the receptive partner in any type of penetrative sex. All of these well-established scientific facts fit well with your hypothesis. However, none of these facts support your conclusions that the risk of heterosexual HIV transmission is nearly nonexistent. Of course if you assume that all heterosexual transmissions are due to guys either being on the down low or outright lying about their sexual orientation, well what can I say other than the epidemiological data does not support your "belief."

The fact is that HIV/AIDS is spreading faster than previously thought, even here in the U.S.! Unfortunately the public's concern about HIV is declining. Partially because some folks tragically believe false hypotheses (like the one you espouse) and therefore don't think they are at risk! Couple that with the complete lack of a national HIV/AIDS strategy for the U.S. under the Bush/Cheney reign of error and we now have a dangerous disconnect between reality and myth. (Bush always had difficulty with reality: He lived in a fact-free zone while in the White House.)

The CDC estimates 56,000 new infections here in the U.S. for 2006. That's a significant boost from previous estimates of 40,000. (Do you really think all 56,000 are gay or on the down-low?) Meanwhile recent surveys (Kaiser Foundation, among others) have shown an alarming drop in public interest and/or concern about HIV/AIDS! Such complacency reflects a belief (but not reality) that AIDS is primarily an African problem or a feeling that AIDS is now an easily treatable condition. So why worry?

Luckily, Obama has recently announced a new five-year, 45-million-dollar communication campaign to "put the HIV crisis back on the national radar screen!" It will emphasize the severity of the threat and where to get information about HIV/AIDS and it will target populations most severely at risk, such as African Americans and Latinos. Hopefully, as this science-based factual information campaign rolls out it will allow you to reevaluate your dangerously erroneous conclusion about unsafe heterosexual sex!

Please Help ME!
FINGERS, TONGUES, RASH, FEAR