Please Help ME!

Dear Doctors

We are a couple and we have some questions for you. This is our circumstances. We have been going out for around 5 months and have been having sex for around 4 months. We have had unprotected sex during this time. As we both had had tests before we got together. My boyfriend has got test results proving he was negative before we got together.

I thought i was negative however after some research on the net for causes i explain later i'm now not so sure. I had slept with my previous boyfriend (Half brazilian half Italian) once unprotected, and then i had a test about 4 weeks later which was negative but i'm not exactly sure on the timing. However after that date i'm pretty sure that condoms were used every single time but not always immediatly, i didn't sleep with him very many times after that date.

My boyfriend has now been ill a few time recently, however in the last few days he has had ulcers, a very slight sore throat and has had a rash appear on his stomach and chest, it's pink and blotchy. He has been under a lot of stress recently due to a death in the family and a change in living circumstances. I was wondering if these things could be stress related.

Please help as i'm worried i have now infected him.

Many thanks Amy.

Hi Amy,

A half-Brazilian/half-Italian ex-boyfriend? WOWZA, with a combination like that, he must have been a Hottie McHottie Stud Muffin.

As for your concerns, a negative HIV test four weeks after a potential exposure is not considered to be a conclusive result. You need to wait until the three-month mark for a definitive test result.

As for your current boyfriend's medical problems, please note "symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in determining who is and is not HIV infected. I would suggest you get a rapid HIV test. You'll have a definitive answer in as few as 20 minutes. If you're negative, as I predict you will be, you can stop worrying about having transmitted the virus to your current guy.

Could stress be contributing to your boyfriend's symptoms? Sure. However, as always, if he feels he's put himself at risk for HIV, he should get tested as well (three months from the last potential exposure).

Good luck to you both.

A heartfelt thanks:)
I DARE YOU TO POST THIS