window period of older man

Hi Dr. I am a 65 earold Asian. In a trip come back to my country, on Mid Sep and Oct 08/2008 I had protected sex with unknown hiv ladies. Tmake sure, I ome to my Dr for check and got Elisa tests at 20 weeks for the 1st and 16 weeks for the 2nd. The results Negative and no other STd. Dr guarranted that I wasn't infected but told me come back at 6 monhts for a confirmatve test by law. I didn't have any syntom and my health is relative normal. I still working. Could you give m an advice: Do i need take a test at 6 monthS? And is there any diferent abou window period between a young and a older man like me. Thank ou so much for your help.

The HIV window period does not change with age. It's the same for horny college kids and sexy granddaddies.

You had "protected sex." Consequently your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent if the latex condoms were used properly and did not break. Your negative HIV tests at 16 weeks from your last possible exposure are definitive and conclusive. Older very conservative guidelines recommend testing out to six months. However, newer guidelines suggest three months is definitive, assuming there are no extenuating circumstances. Considering your exposures were "protected," I see no medical reason to retest at six months.

Be well.

I think this is good news???
Mike /did i get hiv follow up