I think this is good news???

Dear Dr. Rob,

On November 16, 2008 I sent an e-mail questioning the accuracy of the 38 day HIV antibody test. I finally got up enough courage to get tested again. It came back negative, but I am not sure if I should be excited regarding the results. I bought the test kit at CVS and followed the instructions on the box correctly. When I called the hotline number they said I tested negative for HIV 1. How accurate is the test result? Should I go to a lab to have my blood drawn like the first test I did. sHOULD i GET TESTED FOR HIV 2. It has been 9 months since my last sexual experience, except with my husband.

I made him wear a condum the past 9 months, because I was afraid I was infected with the virus. I told him i was not able to take the birth control pills.

I cheated on my husband and followed your advice. I am seeing a therapist on a weekly basis to help me deal with everything I put myself and my family through the past year. I plan on telling my husband in the near future with the help of my therapist.

I want to let everyone know that I thought I had every symptom in the book. I think I am finally at peace. The only way to find inner peace is to get tested....I am so grateful for you site. You are an inspration.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Yes, this is excellent news!

The test kit you purchased at CVS is the Home Access Express Test. It's the only FDA-approved home test kit available in the U.S. It uses a double EIA (enzyme immunoassay) with a confirmatory IFA (immunofluorescence assay). The sensitivity and specificity of this test approaches 100%. It's extremely accurate. Your nine-month negative test is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. WOO-HOO and congratulations.

I'm also delighted you are seeing a therapist and plan on leveling with your husband. It's definitely the right thing to do.

Good luck. Be well!

Dr. Bob please answer, eagerly awaiting response -Contracted MRSA and Herpes from being rimmed Follow Up Questions
window period of older man