patient and grateful

I am truly grateful for your information here. I did ask a question a few days ago about abnormal blood work.(but I understand you get a million questions) I am pregnant and have read here that that alone can cause inconclusive results. However, my Dr. is being ridiculous and now advising I have a C-section based on inconclusive results. I received a negative rapid test result and am wondering if labs are inconclusive why would rapids be negative. This last question I am appologizing for but I truly want to know. I have racked my brain of how I could have contracted HIV (I'm in a happy loving marriage) and was wondering if it is completely offensive to ask my brother (who is gay and had lots of partners) if he is. My son who is severely disabled has bitten him on several occasions where he has left bruises and possibly broken the skin. However I would never want to hurt his feelings and maybe the bite thing is ridiculous. Please advise.

I agree your obstetrician is being ridiculous! "Inconclusive" (indeterminate?) HIV tests while pregnant followed by a negative rapid HIV test is strong evidence you are HIV negative. This would go along with your lack of HIV-exposure risk. I would suggest you find a more competent and reasonable obstetrician to deliver your baby! Alternatively you could consult an HIV specialist and then ask that specialist to contact your confused obstetrician to inform him of your definitive HIV-negative status.

As for your brother, I very strongly doubt he has anything to do with them! Besides, if he was HIV positive, wouldn't he have already told you? I certainly would hope so.

Up to 5 years?
Big VL jump; time for meds?