For My Mother...

Doctor,

First I'd Like to thank you for the service you provide the world. Good Job Sir.

Secondly, I want to ask what may seem like a stupid question. My father had cheated on my mother years ago while they were still married. I am very concerned that whilst still married they practiced unprotected sex and may have resulted in the transmission of HIV that my father could have contracted from god knows where.

I do not know whether or not my mother would have requested a blood test from her doctor or for that matter whether or not our extremely conservative doctor would have thought it necessary to give her one. All i know is in the many years following their divorce my mother has given blood as often as the blood bank allows. If a donor would have tested positive for HIV they would cease to allow them to donate repeated times, would that be a correct assumption doctor?

thank you.. I don't want to talk to my mother or father about this but I also can't stand the idea of leaving the chance of my parents falling ill. thank you in advance and god bless.

Your assumption is correct! If a blood donor tests positive, his blood is rejected and the donor is notified.

U R GREAT
THANK YOU! + 2 QUICK QUESTION