NEED INFO re HIV, AIDS, CVID & IgA &

Hello Dr. Bob,

I am very impressed with the way you try to help people who are dealing with HIV and AIDS. I've also read your posts regarding CVID and IgA. I am still a bit confused about a couple of things though.

If a person has 'mild' CVID and they contract HIV, would they, *because of their already compromised immune system*, be likely to develop AIDS faster than a 'normal healthy' person? Would the current drugs available to fight infections be less effective because of their already compromised immune system?

Likewise, would a person who suffers from a mild IgA deficiency and who contracts HIV, be likely to develop AIDS faster than a 'normal, healthy' person? Would current drugs be less effective because of their previous condition?

What would be the *least* amount of time that these patients might develop AIDS? What would be the *longest* time before they might develop AIDS?

I would appreciate ANY information you might be able to give me.

Thank you in advance, Joy

PS My husband's name is 'Bob' so I really like your title! :)

Hi Joy,

The "V" in CVID stands for "variable" reflecting the fact that the severity of this condition varies considerably from case to case. If indeed the severity is "mild," a person with CVID and HIV would not develop AIDS faster than a "normal healthy person." Antiretrovirals would be equally effective with or without CVID.

The same applies to mild IgA deficiency.

The time to AIDS for mild CVID and mild selective IgA deficiency would also be identical to that of "normal healthy persons" as well. There is no "least" and "longest" times. It's very variable from person to person.

Not happy with Dr. Bob :(
Healthcare/Acupuncturist