thankful for your response on my question about wet purpura

Dear Dr. Bob (Rob?),

First of all (mind my written english): thank you a thousand times for your reply and your efforts to al those worried people. I have lost one year with worrying about having hiv. Last week an my last test was done (searching DNA of Hiv) and again negative. I'm back on track.

In our region in Belgium, father Damiaen was made to a hooly man for his work with the lepres in Moloka. You do this in a more modern way with the disease hiv. I wish you al good luck in your work en private life and hope that science will soon eradicate this virus. I will light a candle in our church in my hometown.

I have promissed to donate, and i will do so but i can't pay with paypall. Can you give me a bank account nummer of your organisation.

Keep up your good work!

Flemish boy out of Belgium

Hi Flemish Boy from Belgium,

Thank you for taking the time to write back. Congratulations on your negative qualitative HIV PCR DNA. WOO-HOO! This result confirms and corroborates my assessment that you are not HIV infected! This is excellent news indeed!

Thank you also for your very kind comments, the candle lighting and your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). All are very warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

wet purpura Mar 14, 2009

DR,

I have had several tests after 4 and 8 months of a exposure with an african sex worker. The test 8 months after exposure was done a month after experiencing painly lymph nodes and the prescence of what is called wet purpura (trombophenia) in my mouth (inner cheeks). When I visited a specialist to see my lymph nodes he said that my lymph nodes weren't very abnormal. Now I can feel these lymph nodes but they don't hurt anymore. The most I'm afraid of are these wet purpura. They come and go even after this last test. Sometimes they are gone for three days then they come back...

What would this mean to you?

I Will donate you brave work with some symbolic euro's

Thanks a lot!!! Koen

Hello Koen,

You've had negative HIV tests at four and eight months after a potential exposure. These results are definitive and conclusive. (If the African sex worker was from West Africa, you should be screened for HIV-2 as well as HIV-1.) A physician has advised you your lymph nodes "weren't very abnormal." These facts indicate HIV is not your problem.

I can't diagnose the cause of your purpura over the Internet. One thing is certain: HIV is not the problem. Follow up with your doctor or a hematologist to determine the cause.

Lost Virginity In Thailand
HIV Risk with Precum Through Underwear