A message to all who have EVERY symptom

Bob,

Please post this as a message to all who are experiencing the symptoms of HIV and believe they are infected.

Firstly thank you for the time you spend on helping people through this wonderful website. It is a beacon of useful, accurate and relevant information in a world so clouded with misinformation. My experience has been horrific however what I have now realised is that I created all of the trauma and symptoms I have experienced. After a high risk situation I was certain I had contracted HIV and not only that I was sure I had infected my fiancée as a result. I didnt realise the situation was high risk until a short period after when I was talking to a psychologist and as a result I went for my first HIV test. What followed my supposed exposure were all the classical symptoms including a serious cold 3 4 weeks after my exposure, headaches, a rash, a coated tongue, malaise, bleeding gums, depression and headaches.. I read almost every post online on this site and found every symptom occurring with my body. I now realise the stress and anxiety placed on the body during a trauma like believing you had contracted HIV created many of these symptoms. I was so run down, tired, anxious, stressed and sure my life was about to change for the worse that I suffered from major depression and anxiety. To make matters worse I was sure I started to see my fiancée suffering the classical symptoms. I thought my life as I know it was over and as a result have thrown away 4 months and run myself into the ground... I tested over 5 times in 5 months and and every time I was certain my life was about to change dramatically I had a scare after the first test when the doctor indicated my Elisa test was positive thankfully the western blot was negative... the doctor didnt help when he told me incorrectly that the test indicated I had HIV and they need to confirm with the second test.... it never should have been positioned this way and as a result this tipped me over the edge and I was sure I was positive from that point... . I didnt listen to specialists, various doctors and my psychologist it was only after a 5th test at 5 months that I have now accepted Im negative and been able to look back on this experience and realise the impact my mindset had on my body and thoughts.. To anyone out there who is concerned and suffering from all the symptoms associated with HIV please realise that this does not mean you have HIV. Ill say it again: To anyone out there who is concerned and suffering from all the symptoms associated with HIV please realise that this does not mean you have HIV!!!! Get tested, talk to your psychologist. Become informed about the virus and effect but dont spend time looking for symptoms the only true indicator you have is your 3 month test (here in Australia its now 6 weeks something 2 doctors didnt tell me throughout my ordeal!!! The mind is an incredibly powerful tool and when the subconscious mind is fixated on something as traumatic as possibly being infected with HIV the stress, anxiety and fear will create the symptoms so please dont do as I did and throw away 4 months. Trust your test results. Dont obsess, be safe and have a single test at 6 or 12 weeks and talk to a specialist not a general doctor!

All the best to everyone going through the waiting period for results. Stay strong and if you need to talk to a counsellor do it sooner rather than later. Bob Im not working at the moment so cant donate but intend to in the future as soon as I can. Thanks again for the invaluable service you provide to people. You certainly helped me in recent times overcome my fear.

Take care.

Thanks for taking the time to share your story and newfound insights!

Be well! Stay well!

Thanks
Am I Hiv positive or what please help?