unsafe sex practices of sex workers & legality?
Apr 11, 2009
Hi Dr Bob,
Well done on all the great work you've done into HIV / AIDS - I am sure you have touched many lives.
I live in Australia. I'm a 25 yr old male who has never had penile vaginal sex without a condom. This has been for a number of reasons: never had a steady girlfriend, didn't want to risk it (getting HIV or anything else) on one night stands that i've had and the sex workers i've engaged i didn't want to risk it there either. My track record proves that CONDOMS DO WORK! I've had plenty of awesome sex but have always played safe and I've stayed disease free.
Tonight I went to see a korean sex worker. For the first time ever - she offered 'no condom sex for an extra $100. I must admit that I was tempted. I still feel like I haven't really experienced sex fully ie completely natural sex. My friends say it's a lot better. Anyway I declined and used a condom.
When I withdrew I noticed semen on the end of the condom and coming out of her. I checked my condom carefully, washed the semen off and found my semen still intact inside - there were no breaks. I can only assume the semen on the end outside of the condom was the previous clients since she offered unprotected sex.
My questions: - could the previous client's semen permeate my protection and infect me if it was HIV+? Ie can the virus stay viable in semen inside a vagina? 2) is this illegal for her to be offering unprotected sex - should I report her. Note that seeing a sex worker in Qld privately is legal.
Thanks Dr Bob,
Donation will be coming your way ASAP!
Response from Dr. Frascino
No worries mate! She'll be apples, as you downunder boys like to say.
1. Assuming your latex condom was used properly and did not break, you would be protected. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. Consequently, even if the semen inside her vagina was from an HIV-infected previous customer, it could not infect you.
2. Sorry, I'm not up on all the laws in Queensland. You could check with your local AIDS Service Organizations or the local authorities. However, it would be your word against hers, especially considering these are mutually consenting adults. Personally I believe as consenting adults we must all take personal responsibility for our health, just as you did by refusing to have unsafe sex. BRAVO! As you can tell in retrospect, it was a very wise decision.
Continue to play safe and you'll stay safe. Cheers mate.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Masturbation Worried I Have
- Penis Discharge After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.