Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

$30 drunkin' debauchery Q&A
Apr 11, 2009

Ok doc I need you help. I'm so glad that I found this website and found you!! Good karma to you!

Here it goes...First off, I am female.. The other night while VERY drunk, I went to use a public restroom facility. I was wearing open sandals at the time. I remember getting the seat cover to place on the toilet and as I was doing that, I felt the coldness of the bathroom floor! I noticed my big toe had slipped out of my sandal and touched the floor! My toe at the time had a dry/ peeling callous!!(hard peeling skin) Now "if" there was HIV infected blood on the floor,(menstrual blood from a previous woman) could my 2 seconds on touching the floor with my peeling callous could have been a means for HIV transmission??

As soon as I felt the coldness of the floor, I slipped my foot back in my sandal properly. I looked at the floor and noticed it was VERY black and scuffed where my toe touched so I couldn't tell if blood was on the floor, plus I was drunkkk!

I will donate $30 donation and extra, extra karma points for you knowledgeable advice. Thank you so much and I appreciate all that you do! xoxo

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your HIV risk is completely nonexistent. If HIV were that easy to catch, it would have wiped out the planet long ago.

Stop worrying. Also stop drinking and "debauching" to excess!

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Delayed seroconversion?
Next
Gene Therapy trials starting soon...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.