Apr 11, 2009
i m recently diagnosis with undifferentiated connective tissue disease n lupus.my boyfriend is thinking this is similar to HIV.is this same to HIV.let help i m confused.coz both syndromes r same weak immunity system.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Undifferentiated connective tissue disease and systemic lupus erythematosus are autoimmune diseases in which the body's immune system begins to attack itself. These types of conditions have nothing to do with HIV. HIV is a viral infection that gradually destroys the body's immune system.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Sharing A Shower?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Sharing Vibrators?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Swallowing Precum?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Insertive Anal Sex?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Open Mouth Kissing?
- Can Someone Get HIV From Touching Spit?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.