Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

frozen?
Apr 10, 2009

1. I've heard that HIV can live in a frozen state, is that true?

2. If it is, does that mean that the condom I stepped on this morning poses an HIV risk? (Since winter seems to be hanging on for dear life and temperatures are still in the minus in the mornings.) My shoe touched it and the strap of my bag touched it so that the condom moved a little.

I'm in therapy for OCD so I'm not allowed to wash my hands, period. It's a little gross, but it's for the sake of recovery. But that means that I could have gotten semen from my bag on my hands, which are very cut up from playing with my cat and my excessive nail biting. It could have gotten on my juice (which I am now afraid to drink). It could be on this very keyboard. Should I get tested? Since it's too late to wash the virus away.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

1. No.

2. No. Your HIV-acquisition risk is completely nonexistent.

Continue to work with your therapist. Your fears of HIV are completely irrational and totally unwarranted. Copy your question and my response and show it to your therapist. It could be helpful in focusing your therapy and speeding your recovery.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr. BOB! Help a Bio Student! Lotion, HIV, OPEN CUT?
Next
HIV Exposed

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.