Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Cool mom+Gay Club follow-up
Apr 10, 2009

Oh honey, you have got it all wrong!! I went to the club because it was his birthday and HE invited me. I'm annoyed by those moms who think they are 21 and can party like their kids. I meant, I want to enjoy the life he's living by being a part of it in any way that I can, and which he approves. I would never pry into his world. I'm a business woman for a major corp. not a drunk'n wild momma...well at least not anymore ;) lol

Take care doll face, and thanks again :)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Cool Mom,

Thanks for clarifying the situation. Not only are you a "cool mom" and "a business woman," but I believe you are a role model for other moms with gay sons!

Dr. Bob

Cool Mom+Gay Club= Slapped in the face! Apr 9, 2009

I promise to donate to your foundation!! I just need a little bit of advice. I was at a gay club with my son who happens to be one of the most kindness, gorgeous gay man in the world...at least to his momma!I was slapped in the face by a woman that is rumored to have HIV! She got mad because I accidentally spilled my drink on her shoe!

I'm worried if she had bleeding cuts or any blood on her hands. The slap was right over my eye! I wear contacts, and the force of the slap knocked my contact out! That's how strong it was!

Please help me either put this behind me or find help! Thank you for your time and energy!

I'm new to the "gay scene", and want to experience the life my son lives! It's fab! ;) I want to continue to have fun with my baby...occasionally!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Cool Mom,

You got bitch-slapped just for spilling a drink on her shoe? Wow, that must have been one rough bar (or one testy woman!).

Your HIV fears are unwarranted. Your risk is nonexistent.

Finally, as for "experiencing the life your son lives," well, just remember the "gay scene" is his, not yours! I'm delighted you are so accepting of your gorgeous son, but going clubbing with him may be a bit too much togetherness. He needs his space. Let him advise you when it's a good time for a "bring Mom to the dance club" night, OK? No matter how much you appreciate the cosmic fabulosity of gay nightlife and no matter how cool a mom you may be, a mom is still a mom! He still needs to protect you from slap-happy lesbians and having mom present is not exactly a "trick magnet," so to speak.

Dr. Bob

Previous
wound-to-wound contact
Next
do i need further test?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.