Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Parasites
Apr 8, 2009

Hi Dr. Frascino, I was read the riot act when I told you a few years back that I had debilitating fatigue and that I needed dexdrine 60mg daily to just do a normal days routine-like showering,cooking, laundry. All of my tests, like testosterone, thyrod blood work never gave me any clues to my extereme fatigue. I was complipating sucide.Then I saw something wierd in my stool-I looked up parasites-and saw the pictures-screamed!!!!Scared the hell out of me-I bought a parasite cleanse and OHHH my GOD thousands-of monsters came out-I have been doing the cleanse now for two weeks and It's still like a horror movie. I read parasites live in the small intestine, cause chronic fatique,brain fog, depression, and the list goes on and on. I wanted to share this with you because I see so many people writing here about fatique, brain fog and they have exhausted all the reasons. Well Let them know to check for parasites-I read that parasite tests are not always accurate. I took an herbal parasite cleanse called ParaGone 1-which contains wormwood, and black walnut hull, apparently it works -I have lost 12 lbs and used 24 rolls of TP-and they they still keep coming. I am hoping if I kill off the monsters then maybe I will again have energy-and can stop my dexadrine. Now I can understand what people mean when they say, What do you have a bug up urr ass- YEAHHHHH!!!!I let you know if after their exodus my energy returns. Woops goota runnnnnnn-lol

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Bug-up-ur-ass Guy,

Interesting story. Parasites can indeed be a problem for HIVers. However, did you actually see your doctor and get the appropriate tests to identify exactly which creepy-crawlers you might have? If not, I urge you to do so. We have very effective medications for most intestinal parasites and they won't result in a 12-pound weight loss or use of 24 rolls of Charmin'!

My opinion about Dexedrine and "herbal" treatments remains the same. Dexedrine is addictive and potentially dangerous. It is not appropriate for long-term or chronic use. Herbal remedies are unproven and generally not very effective. Certainly they are far less effective than standard therapy. Please note the disclaimer on your herbal treatment: "this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease." Is it really such a wise idea to use a product that is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and may be doing nothing more than simulating Montezuma's Revenge?

Gosh, and you thought I read you the riot act the last time! I really do wish you well. And I continue to be absolutely convinced your problems are treatable. However, I just think you are continuing to make unwise treatment choices!

Good luck on whatever path you decide to take.

Dr. Bob

Previous
penis
Next
When to start Medication

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.