Worried guy from India...ARS?

Dear Dr Bob, I have posted my question many times, but have not got an answer...I checked the archives but have not found a similar question...

Please help me, as I am waiting for your answer daily and not able to concentrate on anything else...

Worsening matters, now I am worried that I maybe having ARS..

I am a 33 year old male from India and I fell down while running and got a bruise on my knee. After a gap of 1 day, I went to a clinic to get it dressed. The nurse did a good dressing. However, when I asked her if the scissors she used for dressing was Sterilised, she replied that they did not have a sterilising equipment there. However, she said that she washes the Scissors with Dettol after each use.

While doing the dressing, she gently touched the bruise with the scissors twice or thrice to remove some cotton.

I am really worried about what if the scissors had some blood from a previous use.

Could this cause any infection like HIV/Hepatitis etc...

10 days after the dressing, I am having a very mild sore throat and slight strain in my eyes and head.

I took tylenol and Erythromycin (Antibiotic) and now feel much better....

Could this in any way be ARS?

Please reply as I am very anxious and tense...please help.

May the Lord bless you...

I promise to make a donation soon...

Hello Worried Guy from India,

My mailbox seems to be overflowing with worried-well Indian males of late. What's going on over there in Mumbai??? Is someone sprinkling worry powder in the water supply???

Your worries, like those of so many of your compatriots, are completely unwarranted. The HIV and/or hepatitis risk from the scissors on your boo-boo is nonexistent.

Are you having ARS? No, of course not. Your problem is anxiety, not HIV. If my reassurance isn't sufficient for you to shake your worries, consider getting counseling for these irrational fears. Anti-anxiety medications may also be helpful.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Stop worrying. HIV is not your problem, OK?

Be well.

Condom Break
PEP?