Swallowing Followed By Flu 2 Weeks Later
Apr 7, 2009
Hello Dr Bob,
I have read on this site that swallowing is a fairly low risk activity so I decided to give it a try as I have always wanted to.
So about a month ago, I went down on two guys and let them both cum in my mouth
Only problem is, exactly 2 weeks later, I got a sore throat and was sneezing like nobody's business and felt like crap for 11 days which never happens.
I have read on other sites that symptoms show 2-6 weeks. I am aware symptoms are unrealiable but I can't help but think, after my risky behavior, that 2 weeks later I was sick...and much longer than normal
Now I am wiggin' out so I guess I will sign my name as Chief Wiggins
Thank you for your time
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Wiggin'-Out-Chief Wiggins,
Point number one: "fairly low risk" does not mean absolutely no risk! There can be extenuating circumstances that can increase the risk of acquiring HIV from unprotected receptive oral sex (bleeding gums, oral STDs, local trauma, extremely high viral load, etc.). However, all things considered, oral sex is indeed "a fairly low risk activity."
Point number two: You are correct. "Symptoms" are unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Also, ". . . sneezing like nobody's business . . ." is not consistent with HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). Your symptom complex is more consistent with a common cold, common flu or allergies.
My advice is:
1. Read through the information in the archives of this forum pertaining to oral sex and symptoms. We have whole chapters devoted not only to these two specific topics, but also to many other related topics you may well find enlightening and reassuring.
2. Get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The odds remain astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from your two tasty high-protein snacks.
3. Stop wiggin' out. It makes you look like a Republican trying to explain how Obama can manage to do so many things right simultaneously and Dubya could consistently only screw things up.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Hiv Symptoms Include Lymph Nodes Headache Stiff Neck?
- Would Hiv Show Up In Blood Test Six Weeks After Exposure
- What's The Difference Between Vaginosis And Vaginitis?
- What Is The Best Over The Counter Medicine For Chlamydia?
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
- What Foods To Eat And Avoid With Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.