Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Open Cut From BDSM Play FREAKING OUT
Apr 3, 2009

Dr. Bob.

First, thank you for this fabulous forum. What a great service you are doing.

Yep...here I am...another mid-life crisis hetero male in his 40's making a HUGE error in judgement and now I'm PALE, PANICKED and FREAKING OUT with huge next-day buyers regret. Goes like this: Wake up 5 days ago and got the bright idea to go see a BDSM Dominatrix at her "meet and beat" location. Got tied down for about an hour while she went through a series of sensation play scenarios on my little member. This involved rolling some kind of very pointy pinwheel device all around my shaft, balls and penile head then some on and off whipings with various whips plus use of clamps and clothes pins being pulled off to create pain sensation. Then she strokes you a bit... a kind of pain vs pleasure game. In the end she wants to see you release. Other than her fingers caressing you no actual fluid exchange took place (no sex, no saliva, etc...).

Fine. Collect my belongings and leave an hour later. Get back to office to pee and HOLY SH#T there a two very small cuts and blood stains in my underwear. F#@##@#!!! I grab a couple of those antibacteial cleaning packets from the office supply cabinet and clean up a bit.

I had asked her in the beginning if she cleans everything...she says "yes" using something called Wavicile (i guess tattoo artists use this too). But god knows if she really follows through between clients to sterizle everything and if blood residue from last client was on any of this. Although it seemed I was her first client that day so hopefully equipment was sitting idle for a while exposed to air. So with visible signs of an open wound I'm totally terrified!! I've been reading every article on earth regarding transmitting HIV from shared razors and needle pricks. But the raw numbers have me really scared. If a tainted needle prick is a 1 in 250 chance but unprotected vaginal sex is only 5 in 10000, I would have been far better off just picking up a prostitute for unprotected sex and there I go thinking I'm playing it safe. What a royal jackass...what the hell was I thinking!!

PLEASE...PLEASE... answer this. Definitely sending donation to support your efforts. It's the least I can do.

Thank You.

- "Mr. Dumb and Depressed Midlife Guy" :(

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Mr. Dumb and Depressed Midlife Guy,"

You just woke up and felt like meeting a bondage/discipline/sadomasochist dominatrix at her "meet and beat" hideaway??? Hmm . . . I can honestly say that has never happened to me. Never, ever, ever.

Your HIV-transmission risk from Helga and her various instruments of pleasure/pain are essentially nonexistent despite traumatizing your Mr. Happy.

Your statistical analysis is not accurate. The 1 in 300 risk for needlesticks involves a significant occupational exposure, like mine (severe hollow-bore needlestick and laceration while performing a medical procedure on a patient with advanced-stage AIDS). That's a far cry from your pointy pinwheel device and titty clamps.

If you remain worried, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark to put any residual fears permanently to rest. I'm confident you will test HIV negative.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test is negative.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
did it again - but this time outside the strip club
Next
pre-diagnosis nutrition

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.