Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

STD' s and HIV TEST Results
Mar 30, 2009

Hi Dr Bob

I have been sick for over the pass ten years with so many HIV sympthoms. Let me start by say that back in 1997 I selpt with a long time girlfriend whom I trusted without a condom, but after the act I found out was she was on her period, but she neglected to tell me. But anyway I have Herpes simplex and was wondering if this has been why I have continued for the last 10 years to test negative on all my HIV test. My symptoms are as follow: Rashes, night sweats, hot flashes, joint pains, nausea, groin pains, and I notice that I easily catch colds. Please jelp mewith these concern and offer guiduance. Thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Please "jelp" you? OK, the first thing I should jelp you with is spelling and grammar. Using the spell check function on your computer is a start and should eliminate common errors like jelp, pass, sympthoms, selpt, etc.

Next, as to why you have a variety of common nonspecific symptoms but continue to test HIV-antibody negative over the past decade, that's easy! The answer is that your symptoms are not caused by HIV! In essence, you are HIV negative because you don't have HIV! Simple, eh? The fact is that a negative HIV test outside the window period trumps "symptoms" each and every time. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Stop testing! You are only wasting time, energy, blood and money!

I cannot diagnose the exact cause of your various symptoms over the Internet, but I can with absolutely certainty advise you what is not causing them: It's not HIV!

I would suggest you follow up with a good internist to evaluate any persistent or recurrent symptoms you may be experiencing. If no physical cause can be determined, you should be evaluated for psychosomatic illness. You've spent the last decade worried that you may have HIV. That can take a toll on anyone's psyche!

Good luck. Remember HIV is not your problem, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Contribution on its way
Next
What can be a good "match" with Isentress for a naive patient ??

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.