Help Please! $100 Donation! - New Development! Please Help!

Dear Doc Rob, Thank you so much for your kind reply to my previous question. Today I got my official 6 months lab report and became scared again. Instead of showing "HIV-1 EIA NEGATIVE (WESTERN BLOT NOT PERFORMED)" as in my 3 month report, the 6-month report says "HIV-1 EIA W/ REFLEX TO WESTERN BLOT: WESTERN BLOT PERFORMED AND NEGATIVE (NO VIRUS BAND OBSERVED)". So I guess they must have first done the EIA and found it to be either positive or indeterminate, then performed the WB to confirm. So do I need to worry about the presumably positive/indeterminate EIA? Does this mean that I'm currently still in the process of seroconversion and the infection is gradually showing up?Given this new info, would you sugguest me to take another test just to sort it out?

Relax Max! All is well, including you! Although it's difficult to tell exactly what test or tests were performed, even if you had a repeatedly reactive (positive) ELISA/EIA and negative reflex Western Blot, you would be considered HIV negative. The Western Blot is a more "specific" test. There is no need for additional testing, as there is nothing to sort out. Negative is negative!

Are you still in the process of seroconversion? No, absolutely not. You are HIV negative. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted. OK? The only thing you need to do now is stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing!

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well.

level of risk
Early Symptoms?