level of risk

Thessaloniki, Greece

Dear mr Frascino,

I'm a 24 year old man & I recently had unprotected anal intercourse twice (for only a few minutes though both times) with another guy but he didn't ejaculate inside. He did keep trying to get in many times though before I actually let him for a couple minutes. Can i still get infected with hiv because of that, if he was possitive? Please note that I was the receptive (bottom) partner.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to reply.

With kind regards, Nick

Hello Nick from Thessaloniki,

Unprotected receptive anal sex is the riskiest sexual activity for possible HIV acquisition. (It's much riskier than oral sex or even vaginal sex.) Even though your backdoor action was relatively brief, it still places you at risk for STDs, including HIV. HIV testing is definitely warranted at the three-month mark. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be definitive. Nick, I would strongly advise you spend some time reviewing the information on this site, in its archives and on the related links. For instance we have entire chapters in the archives of this forum dedicated to HIV prevention, HIV transmission and safer sexual techniques among many other topics. Get informed. It just may save your life.

Good luck Nick! I'm here if you need me, OK? (I've been to Thessaloniki several times in recent years!)

WORRIED SICK PLEASE HELP
Help Please! $100 Donation! - New Development! Please Help!