Informed new kid on the block!

You're a beautiful man and a true professional. I'll take your advice and I'll read up on safer sex practices in the forum on (oral sex). Condoms are the way, and I need to embrace them, for both health and sanity. I feel confident that I've got the Ace (GOOD LUCK KARMA) in my hip pocket. You truly do a great service here!!! Ill get a check up this year when its time. No hurry and no worry. Ill continue to safely explore sexual horizons.

No love without a latex glove!

Respectfully, Informed New Kid on the Block

Hey New Kid,

Welcome to the block. I'm confident you'll have a fine (and safe) time here! I'm in your hip pocket, anytime you need me, OK?

Be well.

Scared Newbie (HELP) Mar 28, 2009

Doc,

Please help... I've been curious for a long time and finally went for it (last night). I met a guy online and we had unprotected oral sex and protected (latex condom) anal sex (top and bottom). He said he was HIV negative. The condom did not break but I'm still alittle scared. Do you think that I need to run out and get tested? I'm sure its just first time jitters. I've read a lot of your posts, but can I get alittle bit of "GOOD LUCK KARMA"

Scared Newbie

Hi Scared Newbie,

Protected sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break. HIV cannot penetrate intact latex. No way. No how.

Unprotected oral sex carries only a very slight risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. You can read much more about oral sex in the archives of this forum. We have an entire chapter devoted to the tasty topic. Have a look.

Do you need to run out and get tested? No. In fact if negative, it wouldn't even provide you with any useful information. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be definitive or conclusive. If you feel you need an HIV test you should wait until the 3 month mark. While you're waiting why not peruse the wealth of information on this site and in the archives? Rather than "Scared Newbie," you should be "the informed new kid on the block!"

Good-luck karma sent!

Be well. (I'm confident you are.)

Stay well. Stay safe. Stay informed.

WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Dr. Rob, your input please? (HEPATITIS C AND DELAYED HIV SEROCONVERSION)