Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Another worried guy from India. Asking for second time. please help!!!
Mar 29, 2009

Dear doctor,I appreciate your good work & may god bless with long and healthier life. I searched the archives. since i couldnt find any post same like my situation and hence Im asking this. Im writing for the second time. If its repeated then pls forgive me.

I always practice safe sex. One and half years ago, I had sex with a girl of course with condomn. But while having vaginal intercourse, suddenly the erection went down and I had to withdrew the penis and started shaking with condom on...now the vaginal fluids have come into contact with my hand. With that I massaged her breast & licked it for few seconds (no cuts in mouth). It would have been 30-45 seconds from the time fluids came into contact in my hands to my mouth touched her breast. Then I removed the condomn and shook the penis using same hand for few seconds (approx. 1 minute after vaginal fluids came into contact). I got erection & After that I dont remember exactly which of the following had happened:

A.I put fresh condomn & started having vaginal sex. Condomn was intact.

B.Received oral sex (without condomn) for few minutes and started the intercourse with a fresh condomn.

Now my question is, is there any risk if any of the above had happened? I asked the girl & she said she tests for once in 3 months and clean. I also checked with local doctor and he said, there is no risk involved.

Please help me & give me some hope...since Im worried. Ill definitely send donation shortly.

Thanks for the time HAK

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello HAK,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is extremely low. (Unprotected insertive oral sex carries a very low risk. The other activities carry essentially no risk.) Since this event took place 1.5 years ago, why are you still worrying now? All it would take is a simple HIV-antibody test and you would have a definitive answer. Because of your ongoing worries, I suggest you take an HIV antibody test primarily to put your residual fears (largely unwarranted) permanently to rest. You don't need me to give you "hope;" you need a definitive answer so you'll stop worrying. OK?

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test is negative. I'm very confident it will indeed be negative.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Paranoia? (NEEDLE STICK) (URBAN LEGEND, 2009)
Next
WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.