third time a charm?

Hi Dr. Bob,

This is my third time asking this question. I am hoping that the reason you haven't answered me before is because I am worrying over nothing. I had a night of drunken stupidity with a prostitute. I never got a hard on. She gave me oral with a condom but took it off in frustration and sucked it for maybe 5 minutes without a condom before giving up and I think at one point I tried to stick it in her unprotected but it wouldn't go in because it was soft. So my risk was unprotected for about 5 minutes without a hard on and maybe the tip of my penis brushing up against her vagina. I did finger her and I remember her being extremely wet, I think from having lubricant in her vagina. I am so worried because now 1 month to the day I have come down with a sore throat that I woke up to severe night sweats and then it went away only to return again. I took a STD test at 1 week and an HIV test and everything came negative. I am so worried that I drew the short straw because of my runny nose and sore throat and night sweats one month after my mistake. I have quit drinking and have leveled with my wife who is just a gift to me. I have a daughter and another one on the way and I am so scared that I have ruined our family. I am hoping that you will respond with your good luck karma for me when I go in and take my 3 month test. You are a great person and truly an inspiration to the human race. I donated once before years agao (yes I am a old worried well) and intend to do it again.

Love ya man,

Greg

Hi Greg,

Welcome back to the forum.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible at best. Protected sex would be protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and didn't break. Fingering is not a risk, assuming the skin on the fingering finger was intact. Unprotected insertive oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV acquisition. Mr. Softy brushing up against the Bermuda triangle of pleasure is, likewise, essentially a non-risk. So are you worrying over nothing? Well, let's say "almost" nothing, OK?

I'm glad you quit drinking and have leveled with your wife. BRAVO! The odds you will test negative at three months are all in your favor.

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive three-month HIV test will remain negative. I'm quite confident it will.

Love you too Greg.

Be well. Stay well.

A guy from Moscow
Re: Really Worried march 26th