Rob or Bob?

firstly thanks for all you work regarding this worthy cause!

Your posts have given me plenty of inspiration and hope.

I would like to clear up some points which after searching the archives I cannot find what I need. so here goes..

1. how soon would an parasitic infestation eg. (giadiasis) occur after hiv infection? could it happen imediately?

2. can hepatitis can cause mild diarreah constantly (my sympoms were immediate and have been going on for a year now) metronidazole fixed me completely for the course of treatment but receded a week after course was finished.

3. I read that HIV can cause gastro-intestional problems, how soon are we talking? and will the virus itself cause steorreah etc?

I also developed a extreme runny nose approx 5 months after possible infection and it wont stop, sneezing, light sensitivity etc. sinusitis a symptom is it not? how soon could hiv reduce the immunsystem enough for these instances to take hold? I travel to exotic countries and slipped up once a year ago with alcohol... not a good idea. tested 4 weeks after and negative.

Will donate to this cause.

Thanks and I wish you good karma back to you!

1. Giardiasis can occur at any time and is a totally separate infection from HIV. Neggies can get it as well.

2. Diarrhea would not be a common symptom of hepatitis. Metronidazole would not have an effect on hepatitis, but can treat several types of infectious (bacterial) diarrhea.

3. This varies considerably from person to person and from case to case.

4. HIVers are more prone to sinusitis than neggies.

Finally, a four-week negative test is encouraging, but not definitive. If you "slipped up" a year ago, why are you still worried about possible HIV and hepatitis symptoms now??? All you need to do is get a simple blood test and you'll have a definitive result. Stop second guessing your status. Get tested! You'll be glad you did!

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your tests for HIV and hepatitis will be negative. I strongly suspect they will indeed be negative for both.

Worried Warrior (Feeeling Better)
3rd times a charm-you do amazing work