Rob or Bob?
Mar 27, 2009
firstly thanks for all you work regarding this worthy cause!
Your posts have given me plenty of inspiration and hope.
I would like to clear up some points which after searching the archives I cannot find what I need. so here goes..
1. how soon would an parasitic infestation eg. (giadiasis) occur after hiv infection? could it happen imediately?
2. can hepatitis can cause mild diarreah constantly (my sympoms were immediate and have been going on for a year now) metronidazole fixed me completely for the course of treatment but receded a week after course was finished.
3. I read that HIV can cause gastro-intestional problems, how soon are we talking? and will the virus itself cause steorreah etc?
I also developed a extreme runny nose approx 5 months after possible infection and it wont stop, sneezing, light sensitivity etc. sinusitis a symptom is it not? how soon could hiv reduce the immunsystem enough for these instances to take hold? I travel to exotic countries and slipped up once a year ago with alcohol... not a good idea. tested 4 weeks after and negative.
Will donate to this cause.
Thanks and I wish you good karma back to you!
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Giardiasis can occur at any time and is a totally separate infection from HIV. Neggies can get it as well.
2. Diarrhea would not be a common symptom of hepatitis. Metronidazole would not have an effect on hepatitis, but can treat several types of infectious (bacterial) diarrhea.
3. This varies considerably from person to person and from case to case.
4. HIVers are more prone to sinusitis than neggies.
Finally, a four-week negative test is encouraging, but not definitive. If you "slipped up" a year ago, why are you still worried about possible HIV and hepatitis symptoms now??? All you need to do is get a simple blood test and you'll have a definitive result. Stop second guessing your status. Get tested! You'll be glad you did!
Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your tests for HIV and hepatitis will be negative. I strongly suspect they will indeed be negative for both.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Should I Get Tested
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can My Penis Fall Off From An Std?
- Does Monistat Cure Vaginal Thrush?
- Are Little Bumps On The Head Of The Penis A Sign Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.