Worried Warrior (PLEASE HELP)

Dr. Bob,

You posts are extremely helpful and have calmed my nerves. I'm a BI married male that had an encounter with an unknown individul (He said he was tested and NEG). The contact was Oral (with a condom) insertive anal (I was the top) also with a condom. My questions are:

What is my risk of catching HIV?

Do you think I should get tested? I'm tested regularly.

My concern is that I'm getting ready to deploy for the thrid time and wont have access to a test until next year.

Thank You, Worried Warrior

Hello Worried Warrior,

Assuming the latex or polyurethane condom was used properly and did not fail (break), your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how. If despite my reassurance you remain a "worried warrior," get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The result will undoubtedly be negative. It seems to me your fears may be related more to your clandestine gay encounters than to any real HIV-transmission risk. I would urge you to level with your wife if you haven't already done so. It's not only the best way to confront guilt; it's also the right thing to do. The only secret I would advise you keep, at least for now until the policy is revoked, would be related to the nonsensical "don't ask, don't tell" rule.

Good luck warrior. Come home safe and sound, OK? Thank you for your incredible service and sacrifice on behalf of us all.

Toilet Water - but hear me out!
Sorry for this question (PENIS TOUCHED TOILET)