Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr. Bob, i am watching every minute to see if you have replied to my question, because i cannot sleep.
Mar 26, 2009

Dr. Bob, I am very terrified. I dont know how to wait for the three months to get tested. This ended up like a different type of kiss. I have looked in the archives, so many times but did not find the answer. I met a person in a steak house, we had two alcoholic drinks each, after that she became romantic, and she started kissing me on my cheek and then on my lip. The problem is that i did not shave for couple of days and my beard was thorny, after kissing on my cheek, then she kissed on my lip, it was a lip to lip kiss, closed mouth, but i had cuts on my lips, which i realised later. My cuts on the lip were not bleeding or anything like that. If she has blood on her lip(naturally or because of pricking on my beard), then do you think i will be at risk. The lip to lip kiss was for a second or maximum 2 seconds. Do i need to get tested? I cant sleep, eat or drink and did not go to work from 3 days. Please help me out Dr. Bob. All i am doing is refreshing the webpage, to see if you have answered. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. As the old song goes, "You must remember this; a kiss is just a kiss; as time goes by . . . ." Even with your thorny beard and non-bleeding cracked lips, your risk remains nonexistent, OK? HIV testing is not medically warranted. I would suggest you stop constantly refreshing this Web page, turn off the computer and then get some sleep! You're a nervous sleep deprived wreck! Your HIV fears are irrational and I'd strongly suggest you seek counseling to help you overcome these totally unwarranted fears.

Good luck. Remember, HIV is not your problem.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Getting Past Negative
Next
Really worried

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.