sorry, im so worried i dont know what to do.

hi doc, im sorry to be a pain but please, please, please could you answer my question? it is my 2nd time of asking and im sick with worry. i have looked through the forums and seen some similar questions but not the exact same. i dont want to waste your time but i realky need your opinion.

basically 2 days ago i went to a male escort, here is what happened, please could you let me know if you think im now a walking sti?

i received an unprotected bj, he had no visible sores or gum disease. i gave a protecred bj abd the condom didnt break.

he took his condom off then massaged ny anus with his fingers, dont think he went in but im worried he had somethingon his hand.

i then put 2 condoms on and penetrated him, i was quite scared and pulled out. none of the 2 broke but now im worried i got something on my hand from this because after this as i was nervous he just masturbated me, bearing in mind he had lubed hinself up prior to sex and i also masturbated myself too. i was careful taking the condom off i think but i cant renember so i dont want to have infected myself. he knew i was nervous and told me he was clean and he seemed well prepared. am i just a worrier? i also picked my nose without washing my hands and i had earlier hadva nose bleed and i dont know if it started bleeding a bit again. please answer. i have a wonderful girlfriend who i an to propose to. she has never done anything wrong. i just wanted to experiment before as i have always wondered about guys but never done anything, hence this experience. if im fine i wont have eegretted it as i know now that im def straight and will wonder no nore and can get on with life. i plan to 3 month test but could do with my nerves hopefully being settled before then. please answer, i know you are busy. also how can i donate as hiv is something worthwhile to try and eradicate etc. thank you in adcance doc. all the best.

Your STD/HIV acquisition risk is minimal at best. Unprotected oral sex carries a very slight risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. Protected sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex or polyurethane condom was used properly and did not break. I should mention "double bagging" (using two latex condoms) is not recommended. See below.

Are you just a worrier? Yes, most likely you are. However, I think what you're most worried about is having a man-on-man sexual experience rather than being a "walking STI." You may well have just been experimenting, but "straight as a lawn dart" guys usually don't even try anal sex with another guy. Before you propose to your "wonderful girlfriend," it might be worthwhile getting some counseling to at least explore some sexual orientation issues. I've known many guys like you who had an anxiety-filled experiment with another guy before getting married and then years later realized their true sexual orientation was gay but they were too nervous and scared to admit it even to themselves. Straight or gay, it's just worth being sure before taking that trip down the aisle.

I agree with your plan to get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark, primarily to put your residual fears permanently to rest.

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Thank you for your gift. In return I'm sending my best good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive HIV test will be negative.

Probability of Being Infected (DOUBLE BAGGING) (USING TWO CONDOMS) Apr 20, 2008

Hello Dr.Bob, I am from Turkey and I was on a trip to Korea last week. I had a sexual relation with a Korean woman that I do not know but I have suspicions of her. I used condom and made just an ordinary(no anal etc, blowjob etc.) I used two condoms according to usage instructions and one and another one on it. I did it just once and washed the region after sex.And cleaned with also alcholed handkerchief. How can I be sure if I am infected or not ? In a few weeks what kind of things on my body makes me sure if I got the virus or not ? Effects of it in a 3-4 weeks I mean? Thanks for support. Regards

You "used two condoms according to usage instructions . . . ."???? WHAT??? What usage instructions recommend double bagging? None that I'm aware of. Using two latex condoms can cause latex-on-latex friction, which can weaken the integrity of the condom and increase the likelihood the latex condoms will break. (See below.)

If your condoms did not break, your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent. If you are worried, the only way to be "sure" is to get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark.

goodyear rubber (DOUBLE BAGGING) (USING TWO CONDOMS) Nov 27, 2007

thank you for your much needed service.i will be happy to donate to your cause.iam a married man who "BI ANAL ly has anal sex with a man who visits my area .i am the insertive partner.as a ultra safe precaution i have used,four,yes four condoms on my penis. no i don't get the sensation but the act itself gets me off.i know what your thinking,but it works for me. i have heard double bagging can be counterproductive as it can cause friction between the condoms.do you think using four erases any cause for concern(not my mental well being ) but my obvious fear of contracting hiv?i and he both enjoy these twice a year get togethers.i guess i'm just seeking total piece of mind and yes my wife knows.

Hey Goodyear Rubber Guy,

"Bi-Anal-ly" indeed! Hmm . . . and you use four condoms for your backdoor action to potentially "erase any cause for concern???" And you state, "I know what you're thinking . . . ." Hmm, I tend to doubt that, but what I'm thinking doesn't relate to the point of your question, so I'll save those comments for another time. Regarding your four-condom action plan, well, there is absolutely no evidence that four condoms offer any more protection than one. You are also correct that there is some evidence suggesting double bagging causes friction of latex on latex, which may compromise the integrity of condoms and increase the likelihood of breakage! One could surmise the same increased risk could apply to quadruple bagging.

So Goodyear Rubber Guy (or Michelin Tire Man?), my advice remains that you should use one condom, but use it properly with plenty of water-based lubricant. (See below.)

Can two condoms be safe (DOUBLE BAGGING) (USING TWO CONDOMS) Aug 27, 2007

An HIV + male had on two condoms, we had vaginal intercourse (i was on top)...not for very long time......as soon as i got off of him (condoms still on), I saw him ejaculate into the condom. i did not see anything leaking out...everything seemed to be in the first condom. i inspected the condoms the next day and noticed the internal condom was full of semen, mainly at the top and the outer condom seemed to move loosley around the outside, as though it had never come in contact with semen from the first condom. I am very scared and worried and mad with myself for what I did. What are my chances of getting past this without having contracted HIV?

Thanks for your time.

Your HIV risk would be nonexistent if the latex condom did not fail. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how. That said, I do not recommend "double bagging." See below.

Double condoms to prevent HIV Aug 29, 2005

Dear Robert, I travel lot for asian countries like thailand etc.When I have sex with Bar girls there I always use double comdoms(ie one on other) as precaution ,so what is my chance of getting HIV.For information my condoms never brokened nor I had oral sex with them.

There are no scientific studies showing "double bagging" is safer than properly using a single latex condom. In fact, there is some information suggesting that double bagging causes friction of latex on latex, which may compromise the integrity of the condoms and increase the likelihood of breakage! Besides, it's hard enough to get one layer of latex on and used properly. By the time you double wrap, your partner could be out of the mood or asleep. Plus, Mr. Happy will probably not feel all that happy. He might not "feel" much at all! And if two layers were safer, then what about three or four or a dozen? Pretty soon it's going to be like sleeping with the Michelin Tire Man.

saliva with percum on little cut
What next...