dr bob is real,and this site is so very genuine!!

dear doctor bob, i m the guy who had unprotected vaginal sex on two occassions with a woman of unknown hiv status and tested negative out to 16 weeks.Well u answered my question titled"real risk,real symptoms,16 weeks negative".I m writing back to u to tell u how great u ppl are.I had started thinking tht maybe in reality doctor bob doesnt even come on this site..and the questions posted here are just self generated by the site.And thts when my question got answered,and tht too by the great dr bob..oh wht a pleasant surprise it was.sir..with all my heart i say tht reading ur reply itself has taken away most of my symptoms.I just cant believe my eyes..seeing my question being answered for absolutely no money.Wht a great service u r doing to mankind.I wud also like to re itereate here tht no one should self diagnose them with hiv..the way i did. Guys,we have doctor bob to tel us wht to do,when it comses to hiv.So just dont worry urself sick thinkng u have got it; its for the medical test to decide tht...and when to take tht test and wht to infer from it we have our very own expert dr bob to do tht.Sir,i m an indian,and indian rupee stands no where near to ur dollars..but as soon as i have enough to call a considerable amount i wil send a donation for ur foundation..as tht is the least i can do to show my gratitude towards u. I have done a lot of researc on u and m a complete fan of urs.I m a good swimmer and if someday i win some big title, i wud give a small speech on the life tht u give back to ppl,the way u have given me by getting me out of this paranoia i got in.Thank u sir,even if this is not posted.i wud atleast know tht it reached doctor bob..love u sir.

Thanks for your very kind comments. I receive several posts a day claiming that I don't exist. I always found it somewhat odd that if someone really thought that I didn't exist, why would they send me an e-mail? Oh well. I do exist and I respond to as many questions as I can. Those questions I do not respond to are usually ones that are similar to other questions I've already responded to. I continually encourage questioners to "check the archives" for the information or reassurance they are looking for. That's way more efficient than waiting for a personal response from me. Also some questions are just too wacky to post and others are written by such anxious wrecks that they don't even make sense.

I'm delighted your symptoms miraculously vanished when you stopped being so worried. (That happens a lot around here.)

Be well. Stay well. Keep swimming!

real risk,real symptoms,despite 16 weeks negative Mar 23, 2009

dear doctor bob i have written many times in the past to you,but i dont know wht you prefer to chose to answer questions pertaining to non risk situations and u ignore my real risk encounter.My situation goes like this..i had unprotected vaginal sex with a woman of unknown hiv status two times.She seems to be not very promiscus by nature but i dont know her well,so cant count on tht.well after around 4 weeks i came down with a severe throat pain,more so on the left side.On the first day i even had a fever of 99.6 degrees.the doctor who saw me diagnosed it as URTI and gave me amoxyllin.Well the fever went away in a day.and my throat improved in 2-3 days with the meds.To make a point..i had no congestion or nose blocking.However there remianed some pain on my left side(the one which ws more swollen initially).This pain was felt when swallowing my own saliva and not otherwise.I strongly suspected hiv infection and got myself tested at 10,12,14 nd 16 weeks..all negative.despite all this i stil have the same pain on swallowing,also i had one canker sore and keep feeling a lil stinging pain in my mouth.i have read the symptoms iof hiv and some where i read about a knot feeling in underarsms..since then i have tht also..although i havve no been able to locate any lumps at all.pls tel me whts wrong with me.wht is this swallowing pain,why my mouth is stingy and y i feel underarm knots despite no physical lumps.the tests tht i did were tridot rapid tests.do i need to test with elisa.when should i test and with wht kind of test.pls help me sir..pls.since last 3 months..24 hours i hve been thinking of hiv and its symptoms.pls sir help me out..i wil be eternally greatful.there is no one i can turn to,i m a 25 yr old unmarried guy.i live in a remote area..for every test i have i to bicycle 3 hrs one way.ppls help sir

You may not understand why I "choose to answer questions pertaining to non risk situations" rather than respond to your "real risk" encounter. I, on the other hand, wonder why you (and so very many others) would choose to have unprotected sex and then, after the fact, worry yourself sick about possible sexually transmitted diseases!

The reason I haven't responded to your question is that I responded to many very similar concerns in the past. (Check the archives!) In addition your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 16 weeks are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. I've discussed negative HIV tests taken outside the window period trumping "symptoms" many times in the archives as well. (Have a look!)

No additional HIV testing is warranted. You are definitively HIV negative. I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet, but one thing is certain: it's not HIV! OK?

Re: "Just Once is Indeed Enough"
DR.please help