Bad Labs or Bad Cocktail?

Recently went for my quarterly visit to find a VL increase from 0 to 1600 and a TCell drop from 770 to 469; percentage 37% to 13%. My doctor said it's probably a lab error but I'm not 100% sure of that. I never miss meds, am healthy, eat, sleep good etc.etc. He say do blod in a month but if there is something wrong, isn't this too long to wait? Really scared here.

If your HIV specialist is convinced these changes are due to a laboratory error and not other causes that might affect these tests (intercurrent illness, vaccinations, etc.), I see no reason to wait a month to repeat the tests. Although I don't believe there would be any significant damage done by waiting a month, I just don't see any reason to wait if he's convinced it's a laboratory error. Also, it's worth noting that a CD4% of 13% would give you a diagnosis of AIDS (CD4 counts less than 200, CD4% less than 14% or presence of certain AIDS-indicator illnesses). Your HIV specialist will need to report your case to the local health department as an AIDS case (rather than just HIV positive). I would think your HIV specialist would want to clear up any laboratory error problems prior to doing this.

Hot Cross Buns
HIV over 50 (HIV IN OLDER FOLKS, 2009)