Need help

Dear Dr Bob.... I love you! i have read over your section within this site a few times seeking answers... and your frank - funny - and sometimes in your face answers are just what is needed to put to rest the fears that so often come hand in hand with "those" sexual encounters... I have a question... I travel way to much due to work and as a result am away from Home and kids for weeks at a time... due to my job which i cannot give up as yet due to this current F (use the f here) crisis... I am away and I get horny... i use the services of sex workers but it always is just a hand job and the sometimes maybe a blow job... i guess i have had about 20 such encounters in 3 years and always with a condom if it is with hand or being blown... I understand that if i have to "do it" than this is the safest way... (the body site has help be draw this conclusion) I hate what i do but when i am gone for weeks - months i just can't coupe... ( sad i know) now my question is i know this is a safer way to prevent HIV and only once has a condom broke while receiving a hand job.. (due to baby oil being used) but what about other STDs I don't show any outward signs, I normally avoid touching the sex workers pussy or anus but i have fingered 2 sex-workers in 3 years each time with a condom on my fingers, which i know is low risk HIV but what about some other STD ( I always clean very well afterwards) Also i always use a condom when i have sex with my wife ( due to birth control - the pill is not always 100% sure ) should i be worried overly - as i am currently confused Maybe i have given my wife HPV or some other STD - I will need to level with her when i get back but she will leave... what a mess we get ourselves into trying to make mr Happy - happy! Much Love Keep up the good work - u are helping many a lost soul!!!

I'm delighted you have found the information here enlightening (and entertaining!). Keep reading, because there is plenty of additional information in the archives regarding your worries concerning STDs other than HIV that you should also find extremely reassuring. In fact we have a whole chapter devoted to that topic in the archives.

Your activities with the Naughty Ladies of Shady Lane have been extremely safe. BRAVO! If everyone were as conscientious as you with safer-sex techniques, we'd stop HIV cold in its tracks! As far as other STDs, they too cannot permeate intact latex (or polyurethane). Yes, some STDs, such as genital warts (HPV), can be transmitted via skin-to-skin contact. However, you seem to have minimal to no direct contact with your rent-a-gals. Also you don't have any symptoms. Consequently I feel your fears are related primarily to guilt rather than to any real risk.

There is also information in the archives related to leveling with one's mate about indiscretions. There is even information about not using oil-based lubricants with latex condoms. As you found out, oil-based products can cause the latex to denature, increasing the likelihood the condom will fail (break).

As for Mr. Happy being content, well it's a scientific fact that the higher powers gave men both a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to run one at a time.

Be well! Stay safe. (You are doing an excellent job in this regard!)

hydrocodone and HIV antibody test
Will Herpes test detect HIV?