Symptoms but still antibody negative...
Mar 25, 2009
Hi Dr. Bob...
I wrote to you about 2 weeks ago in regards to my HIV exposure from my EX boyfriend.
I have been having symtom after crazy symptom..
1. swollen tongue with white film 2. sinus cysts (which i have to have surgery to remove) 3. weird re-occuring rashes 4 bad face complexion, which I NEVER had issues in the past 5. a few cancer sore on my tongue within the past 4- 5 months
My testing is as follows - 3, 5, 8 and 11.5 months after my last unprotected sex with him ALL tests were NEGATIVE...
Dr. Bob, why do you think i have these symptoms , especially if i've tested negative so many times??!
Do you reccomend a PCR DNA test, just in case i may not be producing antibodies?
Please, please help...
I have donated to your charity! :)
Response from Dr. Frascino
Why do I think you have these symptoms if you've tested HIV negative so many times out to 11.5 months? That's an easy one! The answer is simply that your symptoms are not caused by HIV. With such overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that you are not infected with HIV why are you still fixated on the possibility that you are? As Mr. Spock in the old Star Trek series would say, "That is not logical." I can't diagnose the cause of your various symptoms over the Internet, but what I can do with great certainty is advise you that the cause is not HIV! No way. No how. No additional HIV testing is warranted.
I would suggest you follow up with your general medical doctor for evaluation of any ongoing symptoms. And remember, HIV is not your problem, OK?
Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).
Be well. Stay well. Stop worrying about an HIV infection you could not possibly have!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What If Your Chlamydia Gets Worse?
- What If Your Chlamydia Becomes Drug Resistant?
- What Does A Syphilis Rash Look Like?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- What Age Group Does Genital Warts Affect The Most?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.