Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Suspect that condoms were tampered with
Mar 25, 2009

Recently i bought a 12 pack of Durex condoms from wal-mart. I used one the night i bought them, and when i got home i noticed the box had a slash on it. It was like a scratch all the way down the box. Most of the scratch did not penetrated completely through the cardboard, however there was about 1 inch of the scratch that did penetrate all the way through the cardboard. I am worried that someone might have deliberately cut the box and injected an STD into the condoms. Could it be possible to contract an STD (such as AIDS) in this way. I am pretty sure that the box was cut when i bought it because i did nothing to it except lay it in the seat of my car.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You are actually worried someone at your local Piggly Wiggly pharmacy deliberately cut the box of condoms you bought and injected an STD into the condoms???? Whoa dude! Just how much crazy powder did you put in your protein shake today? Did you ever consider it might just be the result of an overly aggressive stock boy with a box cutter opening a carton of Durex boxes prior to restocking the shelves? Do you really think homicidal psychotic HIV-infected whack-jobs are going to spend time trying to inject HIV into condoms? No, of course not. They are much too busy carefully arranging for concealed HIV-infected needles to stick people in the butt when they sit down in movie theaters and convincing little old ladies to dry their wet kitty cats in the microwave oven. Dude, your fears are unwarranted. Psychopaths are not interested in your condoms and Felix the Cat never exploded in a microwave, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
PhD who made a colossal mistake
Next
Symptoms but still antibody negative...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.