Let me try again... Update!

Dear Dr Bob,

I'd like to thank you for your answer to my question a few days ago, and I am writing to give you an update about my situation. As a reminder, my girlfriend tested indeterminate twice but also had a rapid oral test and a viral load that were negative. She finally decided to repeat the test, but she went for another rapid test (a fingerstick this time, we couldn't wait for the regular blood draw...) at a third different center, and it came back negative! So this is another negative rapid test, but this time, more than 6 months after any potential exposure. I will obviously take this result as conclusive and definite, and we can move on now.

You called it Dr Bob, and although the risk was small, a little bit of doubt can really mess you up... I'm really happy we rechecked it.

I just made a donation to your foundation, what you are doing is extraordinary, and we need all the help we can get against this terrible disease.

On t'adore Dr Bob!! Porte toi bien, et ne change surtout pas!

Bisettes et crepes suzettes! ;-)

A relieved colleague

Hello Relieved Colleague,

Thanks for the update and WOO-HOO for you and your girlfriend. Thanks also for your very kind comments and donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). They are warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well. À bientôt.

A bit worried
Anal sex and without penetration