Blood In Bed

Dear Dr,

I know questions of dried blood have been asked time and time again, and sometimes all one needs is reassurance, which is probably what I need. I just came back from the doctor and noticed blood on the sheets of the bed i was laying on. I'm guessing it was dry. If it was HIV infected the possibility of myself becoming infected is pretty much zero?

Also, and this might be an odd thing, but if HIV blood was on food, cooking the food would kill it instantly?

As said many times, and this isn't superficial flattery to get an answer, but this site and having you able to ask questions to obviously helps so many people. You are doing a wonderful thing.

Your assumptions are all 100% correct!

1. Questions about dried blood have indeed been asked many times. It's nearly becoming a QTND (question that never dies). It certainly has an ATNC (answer that never changes): No risk!

2. "The possibility of myself becoming infected is pretty much zero?" Yep! In fact, you can even leave off the "pretty much!"

3. "Cooking would kill HIV?" Yep! Right again! (If this were "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," you'd be rich by now.)

4. "Sometimes all one needs is reassurance." I agree and sincerely hope you are now reassured!

Be well.

Just once is indeed possible !! Please post !
A bit worried