balanitis and enlarged lymph glands

Dear Dr. Bob. I had a potential exposure to HIV nearly 2 years ago. Though I have been tested out to 6 months and I have tried to put this whole thing behind me I am very much struggling to do so. After my potential exposure(unprotected receptive sex MSM) I came down with flu like symptoms which lasted for about 3 weeks or so. Ever since then (as I said it's nearly 2 years now) I have had the constant sensation of pressure under my armpits and in my groin. I put on weight in the ensuing weeks. I have also developed balanitis which I have had for about 8 months. As much as I try and believe I'm negative these constant reminders prevent me from doing so. I know you're going to say I have nothing to worry about because I have had negative tests outside the window period but I don't know what to do. Thanks

Correct you are! I am indeed going to tell you that negative HIV tests out to six months trump "symptoms" each and every time!

I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet. However, what I can do with great certainty is advise you what's not causing your problem. It's not HIV! If you have balanitis, see a dermatologist. There are many potential causes: bacteria, viruses or fungi.

As for your continued perseveration on HIV, I would suggest you seek the help of a psychiatrist or psychotherapist to assist you in accepting the overwhelming and indisputable evidence that you are HIV negative.

Man had sex with me thats HIV positve what to do?
Reinfection risk in HIV+ Partners with same viral strain (REINFECTION, SUPERINFECTION, 2009)