Protected anal

I am a gay male. About three weeks ago I recieved protected anal sex. I was extremely drunk and am not sure of the his HIV status. I was unaware at the time that you can not use hand lotion with latex condoms. I didn't have any lube available so we made do. I have not had any of the acute hiv symptoms other than an upset stomach for the past 2 days and a small cough. All of my friends are sick around me so that could easly be the reason. The problem is i have a guy that i have been talking to and days after my intercoarse me and him exchanged oral sex. I did not ejaculate, but this week he has gotten extremely sick. Some of his illnesses have been upset stomach, coughing (with blood), fever, and nauseua. I checked the condom after intercoarse and there did not appear to be any breaks. I took a rapid test on the 3 week marker, it came back negative. I will definately be going back at the 6 and 12 week markers but i wanted some opinions on how conclusive my 3 week test was. and also, just how damaging can hand lotion be to a condom.. again i didn't see any breaks in the condom but could the lotion cause tiny holes in the condom, making it completely useless? thanks for your help!

"As a gay male" (or any sexually active person), you should have been aware that latex is only compatible with water and silicone-based lubricants! Oil-based products can denature latex, which increases the risk of the condom failing (breaking). This is not new information and should be an integral part of all sex education programs in schools. Hopefully with the Obama administration's return science-based age-appropriate sex education, sexually active adolescents and young people won't be caught with their knickers down "unaware" of this risk!

The good news in your case is that the condom did not fail. Consequently there is an excellent chance it kept you safe. Certainly a three-month HIV test is warranted. I'm confident the result will be negative.

Regarding your buddy's recent symptoms, please note symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Oral sex carries only a very slight risk for HIV transmission. And the odds are extremely good that you are not HIV infected. It's likely your buddy's symptoms are not related to HIV. It's also possible he may have had an HIV exposure unrelated to your tryst. If he's concerned, he should get tested!

Good luck to you both.

My girlfriend of 1 year tested Negative, I'm I negative also?
water fellatio