Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Loving to "Dough"nate to a great looking MD
Mar 18, 2009

Hey Bobber MD, Great pic btw. Question: I had not had sex with anyone in over six months- tested negative. Well...this past Saturday I met a guy, he stated he was negative. He sucked me off, I fingered him, kissed, mutual masturbation. I did some frottage in the anal area,,....but he was wayyy to tight, so we did not have sex. I did perform some rimming on him.....rather brief. I do "think" I may have inserted my finger into my mouth as a lubricant later that night to masturbate myself and him.

Could you tell me what you think in regards to HIV testing or any other STD info.? Thanks for offering your service and as a gay male I am sending a much needed check in these poor economic times.

Hope all is well.

Thanks. Jeff in syracuse

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Jeff in Syracuse,

That pic was snapped by a good friend and wonderful photographer, Steven Underhill. He can make anyone look fab. Well, maybe not Limbaugh and Cheney, but that, of course, would take a miracle rather than just a very talented photographer.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is minimal at best. Fingering (assuming skin on probing fingers is intact), frottage, kissing and mutual masturbation (even with putting fingers in your mouth) are not considered risks for HIV transmission. That leaves getting sucked off. Unprotected insertive oral sex carries only a minimal risk for HIV acquisition. An HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark will give you a definitive result. I would strongly anticipate a negative test result, as the odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this SNL (Saturday Night Lovin') adventure.

As for other STDs, oral sex can transmit gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes chlamydia and other common sexually transmitted conditions. Other STDs can be transmitted by skin-to-skin contact: HPV (genital warts), for instance. Regarding rimming, there have been no documented cases of HIV transmission/acquisition for rimming or getting rimming. However, from unprotected rimming you can contract other STDs, including hepatitis A, intestinal parasites and herpes. Simple screening tests are available for all STDs. Your general medical doctor, local STD clinic or public health department can provide this screening for you.

By the way, did you know I grew up fairly close to Syracuse? Rochester is my hometown. I have good memories of Upstate New York, but it really can't compare to my beloved city by the Bay, San Francisco. Thanks for your "dough"-nation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma that your HIV status remains negative.

Good luck Jeff.

Dr. Bob

Previous
worried again, one strange question
Next
please read this articale

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.