You have said before...

You have said before that you don't have to fast before a rapid HIV test, what about the HIV tests that you do at a lab and they draw your blood? I did one of those and it was also called "rapid" but results came between 1-3 days and it was through a needle drawing blood like at a doctors office. It was through labcorp! But I went through Rapid Screening Center.

I will donate $40 for the awesome help! I don't want to spend another $100+ on another test. Thanks so much ;)

See below! Thanks for your donation and no, you do not need to retest!

Another fasting question/ Big donation to follow! Mar 18, 2009

People ask if they have to fast (not eat or drink) before an HIV test. What about when taking a DNA by PCR?

I recently took a DNA by PCR test that came with an ELISA as well as a complete blood count.

I ate a big meal with a drink (non- alcoholic) before taking this test. Can this have affected my test?

$150 donation for your help! I'm so stressed out thinking about this! I need you advice, whether I can depend on the results or if I need to take another test!

Thank you!!

Fasting or feasting on In-N-Out burgers will not affect HIV DNA PCR. And before someone else asks, food or no food will not affect HIV RNA PCR, ELISA, EIA, rapid tests, CD counts or any HIV-related tests, OK? Laboratory and testing sites will always advise you if you need to fast for a specific test. If you're not instructed to fast, you don't have to worry. Period!

Masterbation and bleeding Frenulum
Do I HAVE to wait 3 months?