Follow up (revised)HIV+ Dorm Roommate

Disregard my last post, I forgot to add something!

I'm just trying to learn more about this virus since my dorm mate is +. I want to be knowledgeable and not irrational. I don't want to have a meltdown every time a situation happens.

To my follow-up: Since I took two HIV tests, at 5 months and 6 months after "possibly" stepping on HIV infected semen in the shower while have extreme athlete's foot/possibly bleeding, is it still safe to say it's conclusive and definite even if they were the Oraquick Advance oral swab, the kind that the results are in 20 minutes? I took 2 of those!

Is the finger prick oraquick advance more reliable, or is the oral swab oraquick advance just as accurate??

I will kindly add additional donation as well as extra karmic points to you!

Thank you Doctor! You're awesome!

1. Yes, your OraQuick Advance oral swab tests at five and six months are conclusive.

2. They are both extremely accurate.

3. If you want to learn more about this virus, peruse the wealth of information on this site, in its archives and on its related links. You'll be an expert in no time!

Be well. Stop worrying. Get informed.

HIV+ Dorm Roommate Mar 17, 2009

Hey Doctor, I know you get a lot of messages, so I hope you can find mine through the array of messages. My roommate just confessed to me that he is HIV+. I've been rooming with him for months. A few months back he and his boyfriend had sex in our shower, right after that, I took a shower. I had very severe athletes/peeling foot between my toes. They bleed quite often. If I had walked in the shower after they had sex and stepped on semen that was on the floor, could I have been infected through the severe athletes foot I have? It was probably about 5 minutes or less after they got out, that I walked in.

I took a rapid HIV test at 5 months and another at 6 months. Is this conclusive enough? Or should I take another at 12 months?

Even if i hadn't taken tests, would this still be a risk?

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. Your negative HIV tests at five and six months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted or necessary.

By the way, that dorm shower sex scene sounds hot! Damn, I miss college.

Be well, and get your athlete's foot problem tended to! Peeling, cracked, bloody feet are not sexy and athlete's foot is easily treated!

I am Suffering from Worry
this is my 2nd asking please