Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!
Mar 18, 2009

Dear Dr. Bob, Now that I have your attention, I just wanted to tell you that I really appreciate your work. To make a long story short, my husband had an affair in December. While he told me he used protection, the other woman told me they did not. She told me she tested negative for HIV and that she had not been with anyone in several years. But, you I could not be sure. I went into panic mode because I did not know if she was lying about that. I stumbled on this site one night when I could not sleep. I did not ask you any questions, but the answers you gave to others reassured me. I knew either way we would be fine. Well, my husband just tested negative at the 13-week mark. So in your words, WOO-HOO!

Dr. Bob, you came back from a devastating situation swinging and with a lot of humor. Thank you. Thank you for making me laugh through those sleepless nights. Thank you for being extremely generous with your knowledge and time. You have inspired me to volunteer over here in North Carolina. My God bless you with a long happy life. You still have many more people to touch. Sincerely,

R.

PS. You dont have to respond to this question, but what can a lowly econ major with no medical or counseling background do?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello R,

WOO-HOO!

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your story and excellent news. And thank you for using the archives for those anxious sleepless nights rather than sending me thousands of anxiety-filled posts! Hopefully your post will encourage others in similar situations to utilize the archives as well.

As for what a lowly econ major can do, I'd suggest "pay it forward." That means help me spread the word about HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention. Take what you've learned here and discuss it with friends, family, colleagues and, well, everyone! OK?

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thank YOU!
Next
please help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.