YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!

Dear Dr. Bob, Now that I have your attention, I just wanted to tell you that I really appreciate your work. To make a long story short, my husband had an affair in December. While he told me he used protection, the other woman told me they did not. She told me she tested negative for HIV and that she had not been with anyone in several years. But, you I could not be sure. I went into panic mode because I did not know if she was lying about that. I stumbled on this site one night when I could not sleep. I did not ask you any questions, but the answers you gave to others reassured me. I knew either way we would be fine. Well, my husband just tested negative at the 13-week mark. So in your words, WOO-HOO!

Dr. Bob, you came back from a devastating situation swinging and with a lot of humor. Thank you. Thank you for making me laugh through those sleepless nights. Thank you for being extremely generous with your knowledge and time. You have inspired me to volunteer over here in North Carolina. My God bless you with a long happy life. You still have many more people to touch. Sincerely,

R.

PS. You dont have to respond to this question, but what can a lowly econ major with no medical or counseling background do?

Hello R,

WOO-HOO!

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your story and excellent news. And thank you for using the archives for those anxious sleepless nights rather than sending me thousands of anxiety-filled posts! Hopefully your post will encourage others in similar situations to utilize the archives as well.

As for what a lowly econ major can do, I'd suggest "pay it forward." That means help me spread the word about HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention. Take what you've learned here and discuss it with friends, family, colleagues and, well, everyone! OK?

Be well. Stay well.

Thank YOU!
please help