Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HELP ME!!!
Mar 17, 2009

Doc, I'm confused, worried, & stressed! Please help me out. I've spoken to several doctors & hiv counselors! But I'm still confused! Here's a recap of what has happened over several months. -RECAP- 1. Oct 23rd 2008 I pulled a lolly pop out of a srippers vagina using my top front & bottom teeth. The only thing that came in contact with my teeth was the lolly pop stick or handle. It didn't touch my tongue, lips, or inner mouth. It only lasted a couple of seconds & the stick was fairly dry. After possible exposure I spit it out & rinsed my mouth out with water. Plus the stick was exposed to air for a couple of seconds to a minute. 2. Another stripper poured milk (or a white substance) into her vagina & then forced it out all over my stomach & lower chest. 3. I don't remember having any cuts in my mouth or any cuts on my chest. (Definitely no deep bloody cuts!) -SYMPTOMS- Nov 16th Small rash back of neck. Lasted 3-4 days. Didn't really itch & was barely visible. Nov 18th Nausea for a week & headaches. Dec 6th Minor body aches & bone pain in legs & arms. Dec 8th Nasal congestion, runny nose, & body aches. Sometimes it felt like a minor cold. No sneezing just dry coughs. (This has lasted for more than 3 months now) On top of all that a lot of times I feel very tired! Jan 24th 2009 The same type of rash came back in the same location of the neck. Nothing serious & lasted 3-4 days again. -TESTED- I got tested 3 months & 1 week after possible exposure. They pricked my finger & did a rapid hiv test. (took 10 minutes) Results were negative! They told me my risk was so low it's almost impossible. They said theoretically I could contract it but not realistically. They said don't worry about it. Don't bother doing a 6 month test because my risk is so low. -QUESTIONS- 1. Does this sound like hiv? 2. Could the test be a false neg? 3. Does the hiv rash come back after 2 months? 4. Does my being drunk & having herpes increase my chances of getting hiv through the activities I described? -HELP- I'm stressing out & having really bad thoughts. I need your opinion! My doctor keeps blowing it off like it's nothing. Nobody's making any sense of this. I've tried anti-biatics, allergy medicine, nasal spray...etc... Nothing works! This is affecting my life & my marriage. Please help me! I tried not to contact you but you're the only one who makes sense!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

1. No.

2. No.

3. No.

4. No.

The thing that is affecting your life, health and marriage is guilt and anxiety, not HIV. My advice is simple:

1. Level with your wife.

2. Get counseling from a psychotherapist to help confront and conquer your irrational fears of being HIV infected and also your guilt/anxiety.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Anxiety kills me. BEGGING u to answer me
Next
RUSSIAN ROULETTE AND GOOD KARMA (WESTERN BLOT TESTS , 2009)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.